Our Public Fund is 100% Tax Deductible
The Mitchell River Watershed Management is an independent, not-for-profit organisation which works in partnership with local communities and stakeholders to:
- Create a balanced approach to the use of the Mitchell catchment’s resources; and
- Achieve sustainable and integrated management of the Mitchell River catchment area.
100% of your money will be used to initiate and support environmental projects that help the Mitchell catchment.
Your donation supports the Mitchell River Watershed Management Group to:
- Liaise with catchment stakeholders to find out what their concerns are;
- Monitor the condition of land and waterways and promote rehabilitation;
- Coordinate education initiatives at schools and with community groups;
- Advocate for open and appropriate land management and planning;
- Advocate for the recognition and respect of cultural heritage;
- Encourage sustainable resource use;
- Identify impacts of resource use;
- Promote restoration of degraded areas;
- Promote conservation of regional ecosystems of native species within a functional landscape;
- Work within the socio-economic factors that apply within the Mitchell River catchment;
- Eradicate plant and animal pests;
- Sponsor research to build better knowledge of and manage the natural resources in the watershed;
- Work with industry to ensure sustainable management of the regions ecological services;
- Be the environmental voice of the Watershed in the public domain; and
- Coordinate land and waterway rehabilitation and other projects.
All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible as we are a registered tax-deductible gift recipient.
Ways to Donate
You can donate securely through direct deposit.
Please email us your name, postal address and donation amount so we can send you a receipt for tax purposes.
|Account Name||Mitchell River Group Public Fund|
Send your cheque or money order to:
Mitchell River Watershed Management Group
PO BOX 1567 MAREEBA QLD 4880
- Please include a return address so we can send you your receipt.
- Remember never send cash through the post.
If you have any concerns about the donation process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of the Mitchell River communities we would like to thank you kindly for your generosity.