Our project team managed to get to Kowanyama over the first week of September, nearly a year after our initial meeting and before the COVID19 travel restrictions came into place.
- Kowanyama Finch project gets the green light
- Looking back on the Mitchell to look forward
- Forty Mile Scrub fire causes concerns
- Regional Landcare Directors elected
- Palmer River still an option for Lakeland farmers
- New catchment signage on the go: clan names recognised
- Streambank erosion: understanding the difference
- Property-specific Action Plans underway
- Siam weed breakout spurs funding call
Over 30 locals enjoyed a feast, a chat, and some reflections on the challenge of climate change in Mount Molloy.
According to a recent media release from David Kempton, Chair of the RDA-FNQTS, the prospect of a major dam on the upper Palmer River has taken a step closer to reality.
The Nov 2018 General Meeting in Mutchilba was a great opportunity to catch up with projects around the region.
The 2018 Mitchell River AGM was held at Mutchilba on 01 Nov for the presentation of reports, retirement of long-serving Chair Ian Adcock, and election of new Committee.
In this issue....
- New guidelines give hope for managing the Mitchell’s finches
- Tilapia once again threaten the Walsh
- Mitchell River Water planning on the table
- Lakeland Irrigation Scheme floated with funding
- Fire management on Brooklyn Station: the sense behind the smoke
Welcome to the new management committee with a steady hand at the helm and some new veterans returning.
The latest edition of the Catch-UP newsletter is now available in print or online. Check out the stories and download the full edition now!